I became a Doula because I believe all women deserve to give birth the way they want to. My desire is to address and alleviate the fears of pregnancy and the birth experience. My calling is to help others have a meaningful birth experience that they will always cherish.
Fun Facts About Me:
- Color I love to wear – RED
- I’m adopted and love it!
- I love lists, charts, labels and plastic storage.
- I had 3 babies in 3 ½ years.
- I love Mexican food.
- Bates Doula Training 1/2008
- REACHE Conference- Exploring the Forces behind the Cesarean Epidemic 4/2008
- DONA Certification #6077 2009 and 2012
- CPR/AED/ Standard First Aid 9/2009
- Water Birth Credentials and Certificate 9/2009
- REACHE Childbirth Ed “Teach Better” 3/2011
- DONA – TENS use During Labor 6/2011
Rebozzo use in Pregnancy & Birth
- DONA – When a Sick Baby Dies 2013
- ICEA Childbirth Educator Certificate 9/2014
- NW Doula Conference: The Professional Doula 10/2015
- When Survivors Give Birth 2/2016
- Spinning Babies 4/2016
- DONA International Conference 7/2016
I have had the honor and privilege of attending over 100 births, at Hospitals, home births and at Birth Centers. I have attended VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) clients; adoptive parents; teen moms; relinquishing moms; cesarean births; homeless moms; births of multiples; sexual, physical and emotionally abused moms; stillborn births and Military moms as well.
You may absolutely speak with former clients as well!!
Please CONTACT ME if you have any questions.
As a trained professional, I do ask fair compensation for my services. However, I also truly value the positive benefits of doula care and do not want financial need to make those services inaccessible to mothers who desire them. I offer flexible payment plans and a select number of pro bono services per year.